Spring into Giving: A Look at Coming Events and Chances to Connect to Community
Feb 28, 2020, 10:15 AM
Nuvision Credit Union
The change from winter to spring can feel slow, but once it has happened, everybody knows it. The trees are in full bloom, the weather is finally nice enough for long walks outside, and the spirit of growth and renewal seems to be in the air.
With so many beloved community events happening in the next few months, the Spring season is also a time for family and community. Before we jump into the events Nuvision will be hosting, we wanted to share a few fun things happening in the larger Southern California community.
- Kid Stock Family Music and Arts Festival – This 9-day festival is great for families with children of all ages. With live performances and exhibits,
- 626 Night Market – This local favorite is set to reopen for the season sometime in May. The Night Market is a gathering of local chefs, entrepreneurs, and artists who want to provide their services for the community. It takes place at the OC Fair & Event Center. Everybody is invited to enjoy the night exploring the work of these creative people.
- Dana Point Festival of Whales – For the 49th year, the Festival of the Whales will be happening over two separate weekends in Dana Point. Enjoy close-up whale watching, a parade, and entertainment for the whole family.
- La Habra Citrus Fair – This popular fair will be celebrating is 11th season when it sets up in May. Come out any day to tour the citrus marketplace, watch live performances from bands and dancers, or enjoy thrilling carnival rides! Or, head over on one of the special event days to see expos, livestock shows, or a car show.
- Cherry Blossom Festival – Celebrate Japanese culture at the annual spring Cherry Blossom Festival. You can enjoy performers in traditional and modern styles, cosplay contests, anime characters, and some of the best local Japanese food and drink during this weekend event.
Spring always brings out the best in our area and shows how remarkable people here really are. As we’ve been thinking about the idea of growth in nature, we want the same kind of growth to happen in our community. A few Nuvision events are just around the corner, and we’re looking to make an even bigger impact with them this year!
- Memorial Day Gas Giveaway – Nuvision hosts this annual event to honor local military men and women. Last year’s giveaway was our biggest yet, with two locations and 11,400 gallons of gas pumped. We want to top that record this year! Every veteran deserves to be recognized. The more we can reach, the better!
- The Freedom Ride – Another one of our major annual events is the Freedom Ride. It begins with bikers and military veterans gathering at Nuvisoin headquarters. From there, the bikers take a 2-hour ride through canyons and beautiful scenery before arriving at the final event destination. We love being able to honor first responders and military at this event. Every year, we’re able to form a special connection with those who come. We look forward to what the 2020 Freedom Ride will bring!