Banking Services › Statements
- Joint information will now be visible on statements.
- For your security, account numbers will be truncated to the last 6 digits.
- Joint information will now be visible on eStatements.
- Because eStatements only show the last 6-digits of each account number, some account numbers that you are able to view and access under one login may look the same.
- You can find the full account number by clicking on the “See account details” link.
- We recommend you set up nicknames for your accounts so they can be easily identified.
- If you have more than one account number, and your name and address on record are exactly the same, those statements will automatically be combined into one statement.
- If your name or address is different you will still receive separate statements.
- You can choose to combine statements after June 1.
- You can also choose to receive separate statements after June 1.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will I still receive separate statements for each account following the system upgrade?This depends on how your accounts are set-up. If your name and address are exactly the same on multiple statements they will automatically be combined into one statement. However, if any of the above information is different you will receive separate statements.
2. Can I combine statements that aren’t the same?Yes. Just give us a call at 800.444.6327 and we will be happy to help you combine statements.
3. What if I don’t want my statements combined?No problem. Just give us a call at 800.444.6327 and we will be happy to help you set up statements to your preference.
4. Will statements still include loan information following the system upgrade?Yes. Your consumer loan and credit card information will be available for your review.