HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (August 4, 2014) – NuVision Federal Credit Union is pleased to announce the local winners of its annual 2014 Scholarship Program. Seven Southern California students won scholarships ranging from $500 to $1,000, and were recognized together with their families at an awards ceremony held at NuVision’s Huntington Beach headquarters on July 23, 2014.
The results of NuVision’s 2014 Scholarship Program were as follows:
- $1,000 was awarded to Brandon Vu from Orange. Brandon is a pre-med student entering his senior year at Stanford University
- $500 was awarded to Jill Rime from Huntington Beach. Jill will be attending the Brigham Young University School of Music to study concert piano performance and piano composition.
- $500 was awarded to Kirk Perez from Azusa. Kirk will be attending the University of California at Berkeley to study biochemistry and molecular biology.
- $500 was awarded to Serina Molano from Alta Loma. Serina will attend Cal Poly Pomona to study journalism.
- $500 was awarded to Perry Mattfeld from Long Beach. Perry is a junior attending the School of Dramatic Arts Conservatory Program at the University of Southern California.
- $500 was awarded to Michael Larson from Foothill Ranch. Michael will be attending Baylor University to study electrical engineering.
- $500 was awarded to Andrew Chan from Las Flores. Andrew will attend the University of California at Berkeley to study electrical engineering and computer science.
“We are proud to honor this incredible group of local students on their accomplishments to date, and wish them continued success in pursuing their educational goals,” said L.J. Tarman, Vice President of Marketing and Public Relations at NuVision.
Since 2008, NuVision has been providing scholarships to promote educational and career enrichment opportunities within the communities it serves. Each year, the program is open to any student attending a four-year college or university (public or private), community college, vocational or technical school.
About NuVision Federal Credit Union
NuVision Federal Credit Union is a full-service financial institution with 14 branches located in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and Arizona and assets of approximately $1.3 billion. Headquartered in Huntington Beach, Calif., NuVision was founded in 1935 to serve employees of Douglas Aircraft Company. It continues to serve aerospace employees from Boeing, employees of Sempra Energy/The Gas Company, and employees of Tesoro with a total of more than 87,000 members primarily in Los Angeles and Orange Counties. For more information, visit www.NuVisionFederal.org.
# # #