HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (August 12, 2013) – NuVision Federal Credit Union recently honored the local winners of its annual 2013 Scholarship Program. Seven Southern California students won scholarships ranging from $500 to $1,000, and were recognized together with their families at an awards ceremony held at NuVision’s Huntington Beach headquarters on July 30, 2013.
The 2013 winners include:
- Christian Vu from Orange, who graduated from Canyon High School and will attend UC Berkeley to study Pre-Med ($1,000)
- Caroline Bui from Lake Forest, who graduated from El Toro High School and will attend Irvine Valley College to study prerequisites for Pharmacy School ($500)
- Simone Geller from Foothill Ranch, who graduated from El Toro High School and will attend the University of Southern California to study Business ($500)
- Chloe Lippold from Huntington Beach, who graduated from Marina High School and will attend California State University at Long Beach to study Psychology ($500)
- Hope Ludwinski from La Habra, who graduated from Troy High School and will attend UC Berkeley to study Electrical Engineering and Computer Science ($500)
- Silvio Pham from Long Beach, who graduated from Long Beach Polytechnic High School and will attend UC Irvine to study Electrical Engineering ($500)
- Candace Wong from Alhambra, who graduated from Alhambra High School and will attend UC Irvine to study Psychology and Social Behavior ($500)
“This year’s winners represent a remarkable group of future leaders in our country and our community,” said L.J. Tarman, Vice President of Marketing and Public Relations at NuVision. “NuVision is proud to support these students as they continue to pursue educational opportunities that will help them achieve their goals.”
Since 2008, NuVision has been providing scholarships to promote educational and career enrichment opportunities within the communities it serves. Each year, the program is open to any student attending a four-year college or university (public or private), community college or vocational or technical school.
About NuVision Federal Credit Union
NuVision Federal Credit Union is a full-service financial institution with 14 branches located in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and Arizona and assets of approximately $1.3 billion. Headquartered in Huntington Beach, Calif., NuVision was founded in 1935 to serve employees of Douglas Aircraft Company. It continues to serve aerospace employees from Boeing, employees of Sempra Energy/The Gas Company, and employees of Tesoro with a total of more than 87,000 members primarily in Los Angeles and Orange Counties. For more information, visit www.nuvisionfederal.org.