Earn $5,000 to help pay for college!
California college students and high school seniors have the chance to earn $5,000 in the 2021 Nuvision Essay Challenge Scholarship.
Submit an essay on the importance of financial literacy in building long term life success, along with the scholarship forms available online, and you could be on your way to a great start to lifelong success!*
Americans are falling deeper into debt, and many people can’t find their way out of the downward spiral because they are not prepared to handle credit, build savings, and plan for retirement. Submit your two-page essay on financial literacy, and send it to us by May 21, 2021, to enter this year’s contest.
Independent judges from our community will review the essays and scholarship submission forms. Enter this contest and you'll have the chance to be a lucky scholarship winner! Prizes include two $5,000 scholarships and twenty $100 scholarships.
Any questions regarding the Essay Challenge Scholarship, please contact us at [email protected].
APPLICATION PACKET INFORMATION:
Your application packet must include all of the following in the order given.**
- Be between 16 and 24 years of age; minors must have a parent or guardian sign the application form;
- Be a legal resident of the State of California;
- Complete the Essay Challenge & Scholarship Application packet (Only one application packet per person will be accepted.) ( CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION)
- Provide an academic transcript for all high schools attended or college transcripts (unofficial accepted, official preferred);
- Be enrolled for the 2021 fall semester;
- Have a minimum 2.25 GPA;
- Submit two recommendation forms from an instructor, academic counselor, or employer; and
- Attend one of three webinars in the Financial Webinar Series. Attending two or all three webinars does not increase a chance of winning.
* Eligibility requirements: Membership not required to apply. Must be a high school senior living in California in order to enter the scholarship and have a GPA of 2.25 or above. Application must be postmarked and submitted to a Nuvision branch or online by May 21, 2021. For official rules, please click here.
** If you are unable to complete the recommendation forms or have issues with getting all your information for the packet please email us your situation.