Earn More WITH THIS LIMITED TIME OFFER
9 MONTH CERTIFICATE | 6.00% APY
Kickstart Your Savings in Just 9 Months! Put your money to work and lock in these great rates now.
($5,000 maximum balance limit)
- A great and easy way to start saving.
- Great term to fit all of your savings needs.
13 MONTH CERTIFICATE | 5.15% APY
Maximize Your Savings Now! Nuvision members can get some of the highest rates on the market.
(No maximum balance limit)
- Your commitment to saving is rewarded with higher rates.
- Lock in your rate now and watch your savings grow.
It pays to be a Nuvision Member.
Unlock your savings potential with our exclusive short-term certificate offers. Whether you're looking for a short-term commitment or a slightly longer investment, we've got you covered with our highly competitive rates. They are the perfect choice for those who want to see quick results without sacrificing security.
For a limited time, you can earn 6.00% APY with our 9-month certificate and 5.15% APY on our 13-month certificate offers. Our certificate offers feature some of the most competitive rates in the market, ensuring that your money works harder for you. Even better, our Added Advantage Loyalty Members can earn up to an additional 0.50% bump on our 13-month certificate!
How does a Nuvision Certificate differ from a bank CD?
A certificate works the same way that a certificate of deposit, or CD, does at other financial institutions. All of our Certificate accounts give you a safe and easy way to save, and feature a higher interest rate than most financial institutions.
Experience the earning power of our Nuvision Credit Union certificates!
Lock in your rate now, and feel confident that your savings are safe and growing. Guaranteed returns assumes funds are held thorough the end of the term.
Our certificate accounts feature a higher interest rate than most savings accounts and none of the risk of the stock market.
BACKED BY THE NCUA
Savings are federally insured up to $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government.
Nuvision Certificate Account FAQ
Both Certificates and CDs work the same way providing a fixed return when funds are invested for a specified amount of time. The difference is that credit unions call the account a Certificate and banks call the account a Certificate of Deposit (CD).
A certificate is an investment option that provides a fixed rate for a specific period. The funds cannot be withdrawn during the certificate term without paying a penalty. Certificates are federally insured by the NCUA up to $250,000.
Certificate accounts have no fees. If you withdraw funds before the maturity date, you may incur an early withdrawal penalty.
The 9-month share certificate requires a $1,000 minimum opening balance to establish and is required to earn the advertised APY. There is a $5,000 maximum balance limit. One (1) promotional share certificate allowed per tax reported owner. This promotional share certificate is not eligible for an additional Added Advantage rate bonus through the Added Advantage loyalty program.
The 13-month share certificate requires a $1,000 minimum opening balance to establish and is required to earn the advertised APY. There are no maximum balance limits or number of share certificates that can be established. This promotional share certificate is eligible for an additional Added Advantage rate bonus through Added Advantage loyalty program. Must be enrolled in the Added Advantage program before account opening; the bonus is based on the Added Advantage score at the time of account opening. You may check your Added Advantage score and/or enroll in the program by contacting us online, over the phone or by visiting your nearest branch.
For over 80 years Nuvision has been helping its members build better lives. Born nearly a century ago as the credit union of Douglas Aircraft, our values were forged in the factories and plants that made the region prosper. At our core, we are a credit union built for hard working people with a commitment to strength, independence and discipline. Our Members are people who believe that if you work hard enough, a better life is always possible. Not just for yourself, but future generations to come.
With Nuvision, you have a credit union that is dedicated to building your life!
Early Withdrawal Penalty Details. We may impose a penalty if you withdraw any of the principal of the Certificate Account before the maturity date.
1) Amount of Penalty. The penalty is based on the term of the certificate. For certificates with terms of one year or less, the penalty is equal to 90 days' dividends on the amount withdrawn. For certificates with terms of longer than one year, the penalty will equal 180 days' dividends on the amount withdrawn.
2) How the Penalty Works. The penalty is calculated on the amount of early withdrawal. The penalty is calculated as a forfeiture of part of the dividends that have been or would be earned. It applies whether or not the dividends have been earned. In other words, if the account has not yet earned enough dividends or if the dividends have already been paid, the penalty will be deducted from the principal.
3) Exceptions to Early Withdrawal Penalties. At our option, we may pay the account before maturity without imposing an early withdrawal penalty under the following circumstances: when an owner on an account dies or is determined legally incompetent by a court or other body of competent jurisdiction. Where the account is an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) and any portion is paid within seven (7) days after establishment or where the account is an IRA and the owner attains age 59½ or becomes disabled and begins making periodic withdrawals.
Added Advantage isn’t your typical Bank loyalty program. We don’t make you jump through endless hoops to receive your benefits; instead, we reward you for your normal everyday banking activities, and the program is designed to give you real rewards that you can actually use.
Becoming an Added Advantage Member is simple, easy, and rewards you for little things like your everyday banking activity and using Nuvision products and services. Enroll Here.
Current members enrolled in Added Advantage, can earn up to an additional 0.50% bump. For a member to qualify for any of the benefits that their Added Advantage score will give them, they must be enrolled (opted in) to the program priot to any new product is to be opened.
Members with an AA score from 100-199, qualify for a 0.10% CD rate increase.
Members with an AA score from 200-299, qualify for a 0.25% CD rate increase.
Members with an AA score of 300+, qualify for a 0.50% CD rate increase.
It's EASY to get started!
Put your money to work in just 3 simple steps…
Click Open Account Now
Click either orange button below to begin our fast and secure account opening process.
Enter your information
Including your name, address, Social Security Number and State issued identification.
Link to your account at another bank and fund your Certificate account.
OR CALL 888-291-8566 TO OPEN YOUR CERTIFICATE ACCOUNT!