Bounce! Protection can be a great tool to provide peace-of-mind should you overdraw your account. This service helps you to avoid the potential embarrassment that comes with bouncing a check or being declined while making a purchase.
While this can be a good tool, it’s important to have all the information about Bounce! Protection. Below are some tips on how to avoid overdrawing your account.
Other ways of covering overdrafts:
- Link your checking account to a savings or money market account at the credit union. If you overdraw your checking account, NuVision can transfer available funds from your savings or money market account to your checking account.
- Apply for an overdraft line-of-credit with NuVision. If you qualify, NuVision will lend you the funds by using your line of credit to cover the overdraft. You will pay interest on any outstanding balances.
How can you avoid overdrafts and bounced checks?
- Keep track of how much money you have in your checking account by keeping your check register up-to-date. Record all checks when you write them and other transactions when you make them, and don’t forget to subtract any fees.
- Pay special attention to your electronic transactions. Record your ATM withdrawals and fees, debit card purchases and online payments.
- Don’t forget about automatic bill payments you may have set up for utilities, insurance or loan payments.
- Review your account statements each month. Between statements, you can find out which payments have cleared and check your balance by using ABIL, Mobile Banking or Online Banking.
Sometimes mistakes happen. If you do overdraw your account, deposit money into the account as soon as possible to cover the overdraft amount plus any fees. Depositing money into your account can help you avoid additional overdrafts and fees.
For more information regarding Bounce! Protection, please contact our Call Center representatives at 800.444.6327.